- Sidewalks, doorways, vestibules, halls, stairways, and other similar areas shall not be used for the
disposal of trash, be obstructed by tenants, or be used by tenants for any purpose other than entrance to and exit from
the Leased Premises and for going from one part of the Building to another part of the Building.
- Plumbing fixtures shall be used only for the purposes for which they are designed, and no
sweepings, rubbish, rags or other unsuitable materials shall be disposed into them. Damage resulting to any such
fixtures from misuse by a tenant shall be the liability of said tenant.
- All deliveries of furniture, office equipment or bulk freight shall be coordinated in advance with
Landlord, shall be performed subject to Landlord’s supervision and direction by use only of an elevator designated
- Building management shall have the authority to prescribe the weight and manner that heavy
furniture and equipment are positioned.
- Corridor doors, when not in use, shall be kept closed.
- Tenant space that is visible from public areas must be kept neat and clean.
- The disposal of trash or storage of materials in the hallways, elevator lobbies, stairways and other
common areas of the Building is prohibited.
- No animals shall be brought into or kept in, on or about the Building except for service animals.
- Tenant will comply with any and all security procedures established by Landlord.
- Tenants shall lock all office doors leading to corridors and turn out all lights at the close of their
- All requests for overtime air conditioning or heating must be submitted in writing to the Building
management office by 2:00 p.m. on the day desired for weekday requests, by 2:00 p.m. Friday for weekend requests
and by 2:00 p.m. on the preceding business day for holiday requests. Tenants will be charged Landlord’s then
standard rate per hour for overtime air conditioning or heating, which charges shall be included in rent.
- No flammable or explosive fluids or materials shall be kept or used within the Building except in
areas approved by landlord, and Tenant shall comply with all applicable building and fire codes relating thereto.
- In accordance with City of Houston ordinance, smoking is prohibited in all Common Areas of the
Building, including, without limitation, elevators, lobbies, restrooms, hallways and stairwells.
- Access control to the Building during other than normal business hours shall be provided in such
form as Landlord deems appropriate. Tenant shall cooperate fully in Landlord’s efforts to maintain access control to
the Building and shall follow all regulations promulgated by Landlord with respect thereto.
- Tenant will refer all contractors, contractor’s representatives and installation technicians,
rendering any service to Tenant, to Landlord for Landlord’s supervision, approval and control before performance of
any contractual service. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building, including installations of
telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices and attachments, and installations of any nature affecting floors,
walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceilings, equipment or any other physical portion of the Building.
- Movement in or out of the Building of furniture, office equipment, or other bulky materials, or
movement through Building entrances or the lobby of the Building shall be restricted to hours designated by
Landlord. All such movement shall be under the supervision of Landlord and in the manner agreed between Tenant
and Landlord by prearrangement before performance. Such prearrangement shall be initiated by Tenant in writing;
however, Landlord shall determine and control the time, method, routing of movement, and limitations imposed by
safety or other concerns which may prohibit any article, equipment or any other item from being brought into the
Building. Tenant assumes all risk as to damage to articles moved and injury to persons or public engaged or not
engaged in such movement, including equipment, property and personnel of Landlord if damaged or injured as a
result of acts in connection with carrying out this service for Tenant from the time of entering the property to
completion of the work; and Landlord shall not be liable for the acts of any person engaged in, or any damage or
loss to any of said property or persons resulting from any act in connection with, such service performed for Tenant
AND TENANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS LANDLORD FROM AND
AGAINST ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INJURY, OR LOSS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Tenant shall
promptly remove and transport away from Landlord’s property all crates, boxes, and other packing materials. Tenant
shall not leave crates, boxes and other packing materials in the common areas associated with the Leased Premises
and the Building or in trash receptacles and dumpsters located on Landlord’s property for the use of all the tenants
of the Building.
- Landlord’s acceptance of any name for listing on the Building directory will not be deemed, nor
will it substitute for, Landlord’s consent, as required by the Lease, to any sublease or other occupancy of the Leased
Premises nor to any assignment of the Lease.
- No portion of Tenant’s Leased Premises or any other part of the Building shall at any time be used
or occupied as sleeping or lodging quarters.
- Tenant shall not place, install or operate on the Leased Premises, or in any part of the Building,
any engine, stove, or machinery, nor conduct mechanical operations or cook thereon or therein, nor allow the
preparation of food for commercial purposes, nor place or use in or about the Leased Premises any explosives,
gasoline, kerosene, oil, acids, caustics, or any other inflammable, explosive or hazardous materials without the prior
written consent of Landlord (and, in the event of any such approval, only in strict compliance with all Applicable
Laws and regulations).
- LANDLORD WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED
PERSONAL PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, MONEY, OR JEWELRY FROM TENANT’S LEASED PREMISES OR
ANY OTHER AREAS OF THE BUILDING, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS OCCURS WHEN
ANY SUCH AREA IS LOCKED AGAINST ENTRY OR NOT.
- Employees of Landlord shall not receive or carry messages for or to Tenant or any other person
nor contract with or render free or paid services to Tenant or Tenant’s agents, employees, guests, or invitees; in the
event any of Landlord’s employees perform any such services, such employee shall be deemed the agent of Tenant,
regardless of whether or how payment is arranged for such services AND LANDLORD IS EXPRESSLY
RELIEVED FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUCH SERVICES AND ANY
ASSOCIATED INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
- Tenant and its employees, agents and invitees shall observe and comply with the driving and
parking signs and markers on the drive areas and parking areas adjacent to and surrounding the Building.
- Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of safes, computers and
other heavy equipment which shall be located in the Leased Premises. In all cases, in order to distribute their weight,
all such equipment shall stand on supporting devices approved by Landlord in advance in writing. All damage done
to the Building by placing in or taking out any property of Tenant shall be repaired promptly at the expense of
- To insure orderly operation of the Building, no ice, mineral or other water, towels, newspapers,
etc. shall be delivered to the Leased Premises except by persons, and at specific delivery and loading areas,
approved by Landlord in advance in writing.
- Should Tenant require telegraphic, telephonic, enunciator or other communication services,
Landlord shall direct where and how wires, if permitted by Landlord, are to be introduced and placed in the Building
and/or Leased Premises and none shall be introduced or placed except as Landlord shall direct in advance in writing.
- Tenants, their agents, employees, patients, invitees and any other occupants of the Leased
Premises, shall not make or pennit any improper, objectionable or unpleasant noises or odors in the Building nor use
any musical instruments, nor do or suffer to be done upon or about any Leased Premises any act or thing which shall
or may be a nuisance, annoyance or damage to Landlord or other tenants in the Building.
- Electric lights and other service apparatus in the Building shall not be disturbed or in any way
interfered with by Tenant, Tenant’s agents, employees, guests or invitees; all work upon the Leased Premises or
alteration to same shall be done by such persons as may be authorized by Landlord in advance in writing.
- Landlord reserves the right to close and keep locked all entrance and exit doors of the Building for
any interval of time appropriate for the protection of the property therein. All tenants, their employees, or other
persons entering or leaving the Building at any time when it is so locked may be required to sign the Building
register when so doing, and watchmen in charge may refuse to admit to the Building, while it is so locked, Tenant or
any of Tenant’s employees, or any other person, without a pass previously arranged, or other satisfactory
identification showing his or her right of access to the Building at such time. LANDLORD ASSUMES NO
RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY ERROR
IN REGARD TO ANY SUCH PASS OR IDENTIFICATION, OR FROM THE ADMISSION OF ANY
UNAUTHORIZED PERSON TO THE BUILDING.
- Landlord reserves the right to require all tenants, their agents, employees and other persons taking
property from the Building to present written authorization to remove such property from a tenant’s office manager
or physician. LANDLORD ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY ACT OR OMISSION IN REGARD TO SUCH WRITTEN
- Landlord may waive any one or more of these Rules and Regulations for the benefit of any
particular tenant or tenants, but no such waiver by Landlord shall be construed as a waiver of such Rules and
Regulations in favor of any other tenant or tenants, nor prevent Landlord from thereafter enforcing any such Rules
and Regulations against any or all of the tenants of the Building.
- Landlord shall provide all locks for doors in the Leased Premises, at the cost of the applicable
tenant, and no tenant shall place any additional lock or locks on any door (or rekeying thereof) in its Leased
Premises without Landlord’s prior written consent. Landlord shall furnish a reasonable number of keys to the locks
on the doors in the Leased Premises to Tenant, at the cost of Tenant, and Tenant shall not have any duplicate keys
- No furniture shall be placed in front of the Building or in any lobby or corridor thereof, without
the prior written consent of Landlord. Landlord shall have the right to remove all non-permitted signs and furniture,
without notice to Tenant, and at the expense of Tenant.
- Electric floor space heaters shall not be used in the Building.
- All deliveries to and from the Building shall be made at the locations designated by Landlord from
time to time.
- Landlord shall have the right to approve or disapprove the movers or moving company employed
by Tenant, and Tenant shall cause said movers to use only the loading facilities and elevators designated by
Landlord. In the event Tenant’s movers damage any elevator or any other part of the Building, Tenant shall pay to
Landlord, immediately upon demand therefor, the amount required to repair said damage.
- No firearms or weapons of any type are permitted within the Building or on the land on which the
Building is situated.
- Tenant shall reasonably cooperate with Landlord and Landlord’s employees in keeping the
Building neat and clean.
- Tenant shall comply with recycling, energy conservation and similar programs as same may be
established by Landlord for the Building from time to time and Tenant shall not take or fail to take any action that
would jeopardize any certification of the Building under energy savings and so-called “green” building programs,
including but not limited to the US EPA ‘s Energy Star program and the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in
Energy and Environmental Design Green Building certification program.
Landlord reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and regulations and to make such other and further rules and
regulations as in its reasonable judgment shall, from time to time, be required for the safety, protection, care and
cleanliness of the Building, and the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein and the protection and
comfort of the tenants and their agents, employees and invitees. Such rules and regulations, when made and written
notice thereof is given to a tenant, shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed.